Why can't I boot BrazilMac?

believable

2 posts in this topic

Ok I have so many different questions I don't even know where to start.

1. Why can't I boot with my BrazilMac DVD? What is extremely funny is that my Kalyway disc works, fine, it says in About This Mac that I have a Mac Book Pro. I even installed all updates fine. When I try to boot with BrazilMac, I get a panic error, something about AHCP or ACHP or something that sounds like that.

2. Why exactly am I supposed to install Brazil Mac again? Does that version have some sort of advantage over the Kalyway disc that I am not aware of?

3. How exactly am I supposed to boot the postpatch.sh and the efi.sh files? Is it possible for me to just do that with my current installation? I also tried to boot up in single user mode but I don't think it worked for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Ok I have so many different questions I don't even know where to start.

1. Why can't I boot with my BrazilMac DVD? What is extremely funny is that my Kalyway disc works, fine, it says in About This Mac that I have a Mac Book Pro. I even installed all updates fine. When I try to boot with BrazilMac, I get a panic error, something about AHCP or ACHP or something that sounds like that.

2. Why exactly am I supposed to install Brazil Mac again? Does that version have some sort of advantage over the Kalyway disc that I am not aware of?

3. How exactly am I supposed to boot the postpatch.sh and the efi.sh files? Is it possible for me to just do that with my current installation? I also tried to boot up in single user mode but I don't think it worked for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.

With the BrazilMac stuff, I had to do -f to get it to boot to the install DVD. After it all installed, I followed the postPatch instructions found here: http://dailyapps.net/2007/10/hack-attack-i...n-3-easy-steps/