OS X 10.4.8 Perfect Install... Almost

Rwild

3 posts in this topic

Well, my system is rater dated so I opted to go with an older version of OS X to install on it. I used the patched by JaS... If that means anything to anyone. So, the OS is up and running but I am having a few issues with the hardware.

The Ethernet cord is not being detected by the OS and the wiki tells me there shouldn't be an issue at all with my MSI K8T NEO FIS2R mobo. Is there something I didn't do correctly during the install? Can I install "drivers" for it now?

There is an issue with my PCI slots as well, but I think this has to do with a patch or driver for the mobo as a whole... Thanks for you input in advance! :P

K8T Neo - FIS2R VIA K8T800 Bios AMI 7.1, AMD Sempron 3400+, Socket 754, Realtek 8110C ethernet works, audio Ac97 ALC655 works, USB works, SATA works, Nvidia XFX 5500 Titan + original kext Yes, AMD ISO SS2 10.4.8, kernel 8.8.1, original 10.4.8 kexts, Titan

Anyone have an idea?

I can view Ethernet in my Network config, but it is not available for me to select... And the connector is illuminated by the mobo so IDK???

Here is an easy one. When you are in the Network Manager and one of the choices is gray, does that mean there are drivers for it and it can't connect or does it mean there aren't any drivers installed?

Someone has to ba able to answer that... Come on.