iTunes 7.6 crash

nickdc

6 posts in this topic

Hi, i've update itunes to 7.6 version yesterday, but it crash when i import new mp3 or new album cover on my library...ora when i enable the "show album cover" function on itunes left corner.

I haven't this problem with itunes 7.5...

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly I'm having the same problem :) Got 10.5.2 working finally, however once I updated Quicktime/iTunes, it was a fancy crash fest.

Edit: Apparently I can play regular mp3 files, however if I try to access the iTunes store or try to play a song purchased on iTunes, it results in a crash.

• 3 months later...

Itunes 7.6.2 locks up the entire system.

I've been ripping CDs and now that there are roughly 450 songs in the library, whilst ripping CDs with Itunes, the whole system hangs and nothing is responsive.

I originally thought the lockups had something to do with the fact that I installed and removed Logitech Control Center (it didn't detect my mouse/kb anyway as they are plugged in via PS2 connections) but there seem to be no traces of logitech software on the system now.

Everything else is stable and working.

Running Kalyway 10.5.2 with kabylkernel.

MB: Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H

CPU: Intel E4600 2.4Ghz

RAM: 2x667 1GB Kingston, 2x800 2GB Corsair

HDD: WDC WD5000AAKS-75TMA0, ST3500320AS, ST3200827AS (OSX Drive)

DVD: Pioneer DVR-215

Graphics: HD2900 XT 512MB (Device ID: 0x9400, Revision ID: 0x0000, Rom Revision: 113-B1480A-236)

Network: USB DWL-G122 B.1

Printer: HP PSC 1610

Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech MX700

Sound: Onboard Realtek ALC883 & Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000

EDIT: Tested a few things out. 1) SSH will accept connections in the locked state but Remote desktop won't. 2) iTunes will not die even with kill -9 and shutdown -k won't boot the logged in user. So not sure how to restore system back to a working state after a lockup. 3) PC has now locked up with the following: Start iTunes -> Close iTunes -> Start iTunes (lock up)

Several ideas:

1) Check whether QE and CI are enabled on your machine

2) Check your sound card is working 100%

3) Try booting with -legacy (you never know, might help)

4) Reflush caches with -f

5) Try other apps - VLC?

Just my two cents, may or may not help. Good luck