0Sx86 10.5.1 Video Resolution

iDell

3 posts in this topic

I am currently running Leopard on my Dell Precision 670.

Everything is working quite compatible except the video card, a 128 FireGL V3100...

I’ve tried editing the .plist file for the boot sequence ala "GraphicsMode"="1366x786x32"

But I do not have sufficient privileges to manipulate the file...

Are there any drivers/patches/wrappers that offer a general FireGL utilization so that I can change my resolution?

If not, is there a way to gain full rights to edit the .plist file?

Thanks, I'm new so I hope I'm not breaking any rules or posting in the wrong section....

The safest way is to copy the file to your desktop, edit it, save it on your desktop. Remove the file in location, this will prompt you for the Admin password, clear your Trash, the drag the new Boot.plist file back into the folder, at the prompt give the admin password again and VIOLA!

SticMAN

I am currently running Leopard on my Dell Precision 670.

Everything is working quite compatible except the video card, a 128 FireGL V3100...

I've tried editing the .plist file for the boot sequence ala "GraphicsMode"="1366x786x32"

But I do not have sufficient privileges to manipulate the file...

Are there any drivers/patches/wrappers that offer a general FireGL utilization so that I can change my resolution?

If not, is there a way to gain full rights to edit the .plist file?

Thanks, I'm new so I hope I'm not breaking any rules or posting in the wrong section....