Quick fix for "Kalyway boots only with DVD in drive" issue

neptronix

3 posts in this topic

So yeah.. i scanned these boards for a fix, and didn't really come up on any fixes until i heard about the darwin_boot.

My Gigabyte P35-D3SL core2 system would only boot with the dvd inserted. I tried all sorts of bios settings and combinations of hardware. no dice, hard drive light would stay lit and all i'd get was a black screen.

the darwin_boot utility is located on the iATKOS 1.0 DVD. All you need to do is get into the mac osx install phase, and run darwin_boot from the utilities menu. It offers easy instructions.

Problem solved. :(

thats great, but not all of us seem to want to download iatkos after acquiring kalyway. not tryna flame or anything, just my 2 cents. :)

i never got the need dvd to boot problem with kalyway, cause i never got that far. the only way kalyway would boot for me is if i reinstalled EFI manually. anywayz, thanks for the tip though :).

Jeremy

So yeah.. i scanned these boards for a fix, and didn't really come up on any fixes until i heard about the darwin_boot.

My Gigabyte P35-D3SL core2 system would only boot with the dvd inserted. I tried all sorts of bios settings and combinations of hardware. no dice, hard drive light would stay lit and all i'd get was a black screen.

the darwin_boot utility is located on the iATKOS 1.0 DVD. All you need to do is get into the mac osx install phase, and run darwin_boot from the utilities menu. It offers easy instructions.

Problem solved. :)

So when it asks you if you'd like to install the EFI bootloader (at the end of the process what do you say? Y or N?