how to convert hard drive to hfs+

iwantsound44

6 posts in this topic

I have no idea why you would be getting an error - but then you didn't say much about what you were attempting to do. are you attempting to completely repartition the drive or resize an existing partition to make space for leopard in a dual boot configuration.

If you are attempting to resize a WinXX formatted partition to make space for osx I think you will need to do that while running windows. Use a tool like Acronis Disk Director or PartitionMagic.

If you are completely repartitioning the drive then you should be able to use Disk Utility. You can also select a terminal session while on the OSX Install DVD and then use the command line tool diskutil to repartition - Disk Utility is easier if you are new to osx86.

That's the best I can do until I learn what you are attempting to do.

Good Luck.

i installed leopard correctly on my laptop but now i would like to get it on my desktop

my computer supports sse3 and i have a 220 gb partition and even if i partition my hard drive in windows so i have 2 100 gb hard drives and then erase the 1 100 gb harddrive it always freezes. or even if i try to wipe the whole harddrive it still says theres an error .. the only way i can successfully install leopard is on an external harddrive but i dont know how to boot off of it. i got to my bios and select boot of usb hdd but it boots up normally