help! problem changing VRAM totalsize-

3 posts in this topic

After using the great installer at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78033

I sucessfully have my 8800 GT working in Leopard (Kalyway 10.5.1 install). I then went in to edit the vRAM total size to 512 MB using the plist editor, and i have the correct line inserted of:

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>00000020</data>

Everything shows up fine in the plist. However, after I reboot and check the "about this mac" it still shows 256 mb of ram instead of 512. I checked the info.plist and the edits are still there, so why is it not showing up?

I was wondering if anyone had a potential solution to this issue or something I can check since I am at a loss right now. I am thinking it might be related to some probelmsI had initially in trying to edit the info.plist flle, and it kept telling me I had incorrect permissions--I repaired permissions both via disk utility and then via terminal, but same problem. In order to get my info.plist file into the NVinject.kext, I had to "save as" to the desktop, delete the plist file inside the kext, and then drag the plist I had edited and saved as back into the kext.

I can't seem to find anything on the board to explain this or what I should try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...