GFX string graphic cards

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just ordered the first parts of my hacintosh, but when I came to ordering the XFX 7600GT Fatality I had set my mind on, it suddenly was completely unavailable in the whole Federal Republic of Germany! Really, just hours earlier I was compiling my shopping list and it was lists at 69€ which I think was a steal. Apparently others thought so, too - anyway, I need to decide for a new card.

My second choice always was a 7900GS, but apparently noone has found the correct string yet. So could please all those fully working card without NVinject report here?

I know, why not use NVinject... Because we can! (don't have to)

just for fun I included a poll - so I wont feel bad when I settle for an NVinject card at the end of the day.

Yes, sadly the 7600 Fatality seems to be gone... ever searched on ebay?

Do you need the dual dvi output or is one dvi enough ? I have a spare XFX 7600GS DVI/HDMI card here, which i probably wont need. Maybe thats an alternative for you?

Or you go for one of the new 8600 cards, with 10.5.2 they should be supported well i bet.

Yes, sadly the 7600 Fatality seems to be gone... ever searched on ebay?

Do you need the dual dvi output or is one dvi enough ? I have a spare XFX 7600GS DVI/HDMI card here, which i probably wont need. Maybe thats an alternative for you?

Or you go for one of the new 8600 cards, with 10.5.2 they should be supported well i bet.

Thank you for that kind offer. I would like the card to be quiet, have 2xDVI (1 Dual Link if possible) and support for watching HD-movies accelerated (and with HDCP - I may not like it, but since my TFT supports it, I like NOT watching the movies even less) in Windows - all of which the 7600GT fulfills plain perfectly.

I took a look at the 8600GT Fatality, but it has only a 128-bit memory interface. So I will be looking on ebay, if really no one else can recommend a card that fills the requirements I have laid out here..