Leopard to VMware then Native?

6 posts in this topic

is it possible?> because my DVD drives here are all broken. And I'm relying on VMware to Native thing..

in Leopard, i think it's very different.. but is it possible? Of course it will not run on Vmware, but using the chain0 method? will it work?

please shed some light.

thanks.

I've had no luck with leopard install in vmware, but without a dvd drive I was going crazy to try it that I've discovery a way to install. First I've installed tiger, than I open the disk utility and restore the leopard dvd to another partitio in the same disk that I've created previously. Than I hit F8 in darwin bootloader, boot that partition with the dvd files and installed from there. Running perfect now.

But you should give a try to flat image option. It seems to be far easier than what 've done ;)

Well, what I can tell you is that I've tried for two days installing in vmware. I've used the iATKOS release, It just hang up at random places, never ended the instalation. As my connection is quite slow here, I didn't want to download the flat image, than I've gone back and installed tiger in vmware. Than i went native and restored my dvd in some hfs partition I've created before. Booted from there and installed just fine. I ended up messing up with my partitions about 5 times to get it working, but it worth it ^^

I've had no luck with leopard install in vmware, but without a dvd drive I was going crazy to try it that I've discovery a way to install. First I've installed tiger, than I open the disk utility and restore the leopard dvd to another partitio in the same disk that I've created previously. Than I hit F8 in darwin bootloader, boot that partition with the dvd files and installed from there. Running perfect now.

But you should give a try to flat image option. It seems to be far easier than what 've done ;)

So you got Leopard on VMware. Great. First you installed Tiger then copied Leopard files to a second cloned Virtual Disk. ? So Schulz if you get time from your labratory could you do a semi-walkthrough of how you did this.