Downgrading from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1

Guest h2a

6 posts in this topic

1. Legally obtain the iPod 1.1.1 firmware from apples servers (GOOGLE)

2. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE

3. Boot up your ipod in recovery mode (press and hold the home and sleep/wake button until it goes black. continue holding the home button until the ipod shows up in itunes)

4. Hold option and click the button to restore your ipod.

5. Navigate to the 1.1.1 firmware and choose it.

6. *steve jobs imitation* BOOM! There you go. back to 1.1.1.

this post is in response to people saying that they made it impossible to downgrade. i call BS. i just did it.

Hey that sounds great but im just havin some troubles here. got the ZIP file just fine, got the thing in recovery mode, but now what? itunes says i ave to restore but the last time i tried that well, it just didnt work! how do i get to navigate to the 1.1.1 i downloaded? Thanks a lot btw! -LoganNo dice. i just tried it and it said an unknown error occured...

I used iTunes 7.6 to downgrade. Make sure you are holding option of course and that u haven't unzipped the file. You can find a copy of the firmware file on just about any site or blog wit a jailbreaking to 1.1.2 guide.I would paste a link here but I'm on iPod touch which apple ha strategically neglected to incorporate such feature.

Interesting:

I used my method on my own ipod touch, however when attempting the same method on another ipod touch, it resulted in me having to download iphuc and doing all that good stuff. absoluetly always resulted in error otherwise. weird and inconsistent.