ASUS p5kPremium + Kalyway 10.5 NO SOUND

House7

5 posts in this topic

Hey there I know this is probably a thread that has been done to death already, but my question is whether anyone running Kalyway 10.5.1 on any variation of asus p5k mobo has had onboard sound issues...and if they managed a fix?

I've exhausted applehda patches with all available versions. Even said a few of them suceeded, then rebooted as requested and nothing.

Does anyone have any definite solutions? Otherwise this thing is fully functional. If no onboard sound fix, any functional patches for PCI soundcards? If so which one?

Asus p5k premium wifi BIOS:0504 w/ Azalia

Intel C2D 6850 3.0Ghz

Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120

2 x Seagate 7200.11 500GB

4GB Mushkin HP6400 800mhz

EVGA 8800 GT 256 1.7Ghz

Running same MOBO here and AFAIK the max you can get at the moment is stereo out only. Using the Azalia kext from that big p5k fully working thread.

Looks like we will have to wait until Taruga brings out his v2.0 patcher which he says is going to solve our problem.

Running same MOBO here and AFAIK the max you can get at the moment is stereo out only. Using the Azalia kext from that big p5k fully working thread.

Looks like we will have to wait until Taruga brings out his v2.0 patcher which he says is going to solve our problem.

Thanks so much for your reply....I hope 2.0 is released soon. But I swear I saw people with success using older versions? Who knows.

I have the P5K Premium mobo, audio out worked after a fresh install of Kalyway 10.5.1. Using v8 EFI and vanilla kernel.

well after a severe 29 minute swirling beach ball session, my Kalyway died. I suspect after rebooting, the MBR was corrupted as Darwin would not boot from disk0s1, when I checked what ports they were plugged into I realised disk0s1 was plugged into sata port 2, and quickly switched it. I reformatted, applied the drivers (including AZALIA), and low and behold, it works wonderously!!!! I removed my other sata and slapped it into an external e-sata case, split it (1 for time machine, 1 for media and pro tools when the leopard version comes out).

Anyway, good luck to any of you that are still struggling. If I can help at all, lemme know.