trouble booting leopard on pc

erichq

8 posts in this topic

i got the JAS version to install on my pc..when the installation finished my pc restarted and came up with a screen telling me i need to restart. in the background there is a power button picture. i can't read everything it says b/c im using a TV as a monitior....any help?

At start up press F8 and boot in -v mode (verbose). When it stops take a clear picture of the screen with a digital camera, and post it on here so we can see the errors. Most problems have to deal with the graphics card.

okay...i willl do that..its messed up...it used to go through the installation, reboot then go right back into the installation..grr

oh..ive read guides and they say you need the Patched DVD Image, the zip file containing the patch, one pen drive or USB Flash Drive formatted as FAT32. why do i need both a patched dvd and a zip with the patch?

ive used both the Uphuck and Jas version..ive totally wiped my hdd so right now there's no OS.

ok. so i tried hitting F8, then typing in -v

i took 3 pictures, sorry for the quality, 1 they were with a cell phone and 2. off of a TV. but, the one where text (white lines) are going across the screen is the result of hitting -v. the text scrolls really fast (unable to read, it looks like the same line over and over), then it goes to the screen of picture that has text lines across only a portion of the screen. i can't make out what it says though.

the last picture is the result of trying to boot into leopard. the text over teh power button says something about restarting the pc (which doesn't help any)

any help?

post-146558-1200413187_thumb.jpg

post-146558-1200413198_thumb.jpg

post-146558-1200413220_thumb.jpg

I have the same problem, but that screen appeared in two computers

One of them appeared when i instaled the Leo ToH RC2 and reboot (like you), previously i have installed the JaS 10.4.8.

The other one (i have too the JaS 10.4.8 installed) appeared when i was working with terminal, when type 'sudo -s' or 'sudo su' they ask me the password, for an extrage reason (maybe me) told me that the password was wrong, then i tray a often and then appeared the screen with the power button.

I hope someone know about that.

same here with the ToH version lol... i have just upload another post of that lol

any suggestions???

are u getting that same power button screen?

its weird...i used to never get that..it just went right back into installation over and over agian

im almost ready to buy a whole new pc (parts) and make my friggen own. then i know itll work

i recently read that pentium D is not supported by this type of mac... butt the haave the instructions SSE2 and SSE3 and i dont understand why mac doesnt boot me to the start up... if i carry my hard disk to a friend's house that has a new celeron D processor it appears the apple logo in grey with a loading symbol above the apple and then it appears the "disabled symbol" in the apple logo... and didnt start.... i dont know why..... now im gonna try installing the mac all again in my friends computer... cause.. i dont find any solution to this restart windows

see yaaaa

diego