successful installation of tiger (10.4.11 - XxX) - troubleshooting

5 posts in this topic

well, hello thar.

i managed to succesfully install tiger 4.11 on my vmware6 and am now proud as sh*t. however, i have a few problems:

- graphics (xfx 8800gts 640mb) works only in 1024x768. i thought i installed it correctly, however i probably have to tweak the driver/files a bit. would someone please explain (a link is fine, too) how to change/fix that.

- i can't connect to the network, i use the vmware adapter via nat. any hint?

- audio doesn'T work, soundmax

my specs:

- q6600 @2,4ghz

- p5n32-e sli plus

- 4 gigs of DDR2 800

thanks a bunch!

ff

Which version of 10.4.11 are you using?

1. Graphics - you are using the emulated VMware graphics card. To change rsolution you will have to alter the resolution in com.apple.Boot.plist found in

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and add the following :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

Use whatever resolution you feel you need here. I would also suggest increasing the VMware video RAM to 128Mb by adding this to the VMX file:

svga.vramSize = "134217728"

2. The old Maxxuss drivers used to work for 10.4.8, maybe they will work in .11

3. Sound is emulated AudioPCI 128 card. Need to find drivers for the virtual hardware.

Good source is here http://######.com/software/vmwareosx86.htm.

well, hello thar.

i managed to succesfully install tiger 4.11 on my vmware6 and am now proud as sh*t. however, i have a few problems:

- graphics (xfx 8800gts 640mb) works only in 1024x768. i thought i installed it correctly, however i probably have to tweak the driver/files a bit. would someone please explain (a link is fine, too) how to change/fix that.

- i can't connect to the network, i use the vmware adapter via nat. any hint?

- audio doesn'T work, soundmax

my specs:

- q6600 @2,4ghz

- p5n32-e sli plus

- 4 gigs of DDR2 800

thanks a bunch!

ff

for the network...try to change your bios setting into "enable onboard boot rom"

• 3 weeks later...