OSx86 on Toshiba

toshiba_mac24

8 posts in this topic

I have a successful install of OS X on external hard drive on Toshiba a200-TR6 (CAN).

Anyone else have success stories of OS X on their Toshiba?

Also one question: has anyone found a patch for Microsoft Messenger for Mac? I can't seem to login, everything is typed in correctly.

I have a successful install of OS X on external hard drive on Toshiba a200-TR6 (CAN). Anyone else have success stories of OS X on their Toshiba?Also one question: has anyone found a patch for Microsoft Messenger for Mac? I can't seem to login, everything is typed in correctly.

I used kalways 10.4.10 v 1 for sse3 - got it installed ok on mu ext usb hdd but cant get it to boot.

Any tips?

Toshiba Satelittle Pro a100

cheers

malc

I used kalways 10.4.10 v 1 for sse3 - got it installed ok on mu ext usb hdd but cant get it to boot.Any tips?Toshiba Satelittle Pro a100cheersmalc

Check your BIOS settings for boot priority. Make sure that you have set your external hard drive to be the next one in line for booting. When I boot onto my external I press F12 at the logo and make sure that I can see my external before I boot in OS X. If that helps, then let me know. I know that sometimes I have to restart my entire laptop before I get to see my externel show up in the boot menu. I usually wait for a few seconds for the hard drive to be active for one second and then go ito the boot menu to boot from the external hard drive. That is how I usually get to boot into OS X. The nice thing is is that it does not affect my XP and Vista partitions at all. Like I said before, see whether yuor external has to send a signal to the bios indicating that it can be booted first then try to boot into the external.

Anything else let me know too!

toshiba_mac24.

Hello, you don't need teh patch for teh microsoft messenger, cuz you can find teh program in teh apple web page

The funny thing is that I got it from the Apple website and I typed my email address and password properly and the internet works just fine. It just won't log me in. Anyone else having the same issue? I am using Adium but I have a webcam that I would like to use for it. I don't know how to get it going for video viewing.

Thanks

toshiba_mac24

i recently installed OSX onto my portege M100 (super old)

my wireless worked out immediately after i installed 10.4.6 (broadcom 4309)

sound took a while to get working

no CI or QE for my 855GM, but it works enough to playback movies using perian and quicktime, which is good enough for me

previously worked on my Tecra S1, so i'm rather pleased

Check your BIOS settings for boot priority. Make sure that you have set your external hard drive to be the next one in line for booting. When I boot onto my external I press F12 at the logo and make sure that I can see my external before I boot in OS X. If that helps, then let me know. I know that sometimes I have to restart my entire laptop before I get to see my externel show up in the boot menu. I usually wait for a few seconds for the hard drive to be active for one second and then go ito the boot menu to boot from the external hard drive. That is how I usually get to boot into OS X. The nice thing is is that it does not affect my XP and Vista partitions at all. Like I said before, see whether yuor external has to send a signal to the bios indicating that it can be booted first then try to boot into the external.

Anything else let me know too!

toshiba_mac24.

let the internal hdd hum for a second then F12 - might try that.

Thinking it might be to do with my ext hdd. It usb 2.0 but to IDE shouldn't matter though eh?

And it is partitioned.

I have edubuntu on there too but that wont boot either.

Maybe I'm just a muppet!

Cheers

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes when I boot form my external hard drive, it stops reposnding after i login. I partitioned my external to have my backup files from windows and my OSx86. Is it just me or should I just use my entire drive as the OSx86 partition. Would stop the freezing after login or would it just make it worse?

Also I would like to know if there is anyone who got their built-in webcam to work? I tried on several different applications and all I got is a blank black screen for the camera window and a blue light. I tried to lighten the room I was woprking in but still no luck. Any suggestions?

toshiba_mac24