external hard drive

roryy

9 posts in this topic

why is everyone ignoring my topics?
There's probably very little input because you don't list any of your equipment in you post. This isn't like real macs where every system is a clone of another. Each motherboard handles OSX86 differently and it takes a while to work out all the bugs. Have you tried your drive in all the other USB ports? Are they all USB 2.0 are 1.1? Do other USB items work on this port in OSX86? I had a Gigabyte board that wouldn't recognize drives on 2 of the ports, but would on all the rest.

There's probably very little input because you don't list any of your equipment in you post. This isn't like real macs where every system is a clone of another. Each motherboard handles OSX86 differently and it takes a while to work out all the bugs. Have you tried your drive in all the other USB ports? Are they all USB 2.0 are 1.1? Do other USB items work on this port in OSX86? I had a Gigabyte board that wouldn't recognize drives on 2 of the ports, but would on all the rest.

Oke sorry

I have a

- ASROCK 775V8 mainboard

- Pentium 4 530 (3,0 GHZ) with hyper-treading

- 2 GB DDR Ram

- Geforce 7600 GT AGP

I have usb 2 and all the other devices works in the install like mouse and keyboard but I didn't tried to switch to another port yet. Later this day when I have time. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Same here:

Asrock Alive NF7G -HD720p

Nvidia chipset

2x 4800 amd

Install dvd fails to install with the fat32 partition external drive plugged in. Removing it allows me to get to the page where you select a destination drive. Only the dvd drive shows up as I have a 500gb sata drive. Adding the external drive does nothing. Tried Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd and a 10.5.1 (cant remember who's build).