ASUS k8v leopard woes

grendelkhan

2 posts in this topic

At one point I had Tiger running fine on this board and was able to install but not boot iATKOS. Here is my problem now: I hit the power off button too quickly and it reset my BIOS, thinking I'd had an overclocking failure. I took the defaults and things seemed fine. Now, I can't get any Leopard distro to even get to the installer screen. When booting with a -v, the last message I get is "Jettisoning kernel linker" then the DVD stops spinning and the computer sits there and mocks me.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I've tried booting without the ethernet plugged in, I have an IDE DVD-RW and a SATA hard drive. I know this at one point worked prior to my BIOS issue, I just can't find my old settings.

TIA.

• 2 weeks later...
At one point I had Tiger running fine on this board and was able to install but not boot iATKOS. Here is my problem now: I hit the power off button too quickly and it reset my BIOS, thinking I'd had an overclocking failure. I took the defaults and things seemed fine. Now, I can't get any Leopard distro to even get to the installer screen. When booting with a -v, the last message I get is "Jettisoning kernel linker" then the DVD stops spinning and the computer sits there and mocks me.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I've tried booting without the ethernet plugged in, I have an IDE DVD-RW and a SATA hard drive. I know this at one point worked prior to my BIOS issue, I just can't find my old settings.

TIA.

Hello. I'm currently having the exact same issue. I'm running an HP zv6000 notebook w/ AMD 64 3800+ CPU. Plz let me know if you found a way around this. Thx in advance.