Will any t60 or t60p IBM thinkpad be able to run leopard ?

JonnyJP

5 posts in this topic

I just bought a T60p a couple weeks ago and most things seem to work fine (sound, wireless, battery, qe/ci, etc) after a little tweaking. Speedstep won't work as far as I know and will cause a kernel panic. The only other issue remaining is sleep rebooting to the bios with a "error 0192: embedded security hardware tamper detected".

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a T60p a couple weeks ago and most things seem to work fine (sound, wireless, battery, qe/ci, etc) after a little tweaking. Speedstep won't work as far as I know and will cause a kernel panic. The only other issue remaining is sleep rebooting to the bios with a "error 0192: embedded security hardware tamper detected".

Chilldeity,

I'm also receiving this error on my T60p (8741-CTO)

-Wireless Atheros Chipset - working

-FireGL v5250 - working (1680x1050 16:10) & QE/CI Full Hardware Support

-Audio - working

-Shutdown/Sleep - not working

When shutting down, the next time I boot the computer I can reach the Darwin boot-loader but it seems Leopard (10.5.1) fails to load after.

I'd love to be able to get sleep working on this. I've tried searching the BIOS for S3 sleep mode (as I've seen many others suggest setting) but it doesn't exist on the T60's BIOS. I know I've seen the option on my many desktop's motherboards. Also, I turned off everything about using the security chip on my T60p and still receive the above error.

I'm just curious if you've stumbled on a solution in the week or so since your last post.

-P2