b0 error + no-parking signs

chrbar

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've installed OS x86 10.4.6 on my IBM laptop T43... install process was looking good.

But when I've rebooted my laptop (after OS installation), I obtain "b0 error".

I've activated the partition with following this method:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/B0_error

To make a partion active, do this:

Start Terminal.app

Enter:

sudo -s (enter your password)

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (the disk number may be different on your installation, eg. rdisk1)

print (list all partitions)

flag 1 (sets partition 1 as bootable - might be a different number on your installation)

quit (answer y to save settings)

Now reboot the computer. You should now be able to boot without the install cd.

Then no more b0 error!

BUT now when I boot, the grey apple screen appears... and some minutes after, a small no-parking signs (the symbol they use on street signs that say no parking or prohibited) appears on the apple logo... and OS X hangs at this step!

Could you help me resolve this problem :(

Thanks,

Chris

Just wondering if you managed to figure out what the problem is? im having the exact same issue and would appreciate any advice

Thanks

*edit* forgot to mention i was refering to the 2nd one, the grey screen with the apple logo and the "no" sign like ud see on a no smoking sign or the ghost busters sign lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found the problem, we have to choose "custom installation" during the OS installation.

Step 9 - Using a Custom Installation

If you have a "patched" installation you should select a custom installation to see if there are patches listed there that you'll need to include (such as selecting the appropriate patch set for your CPU, see Comment 2). Another place to check is opening up a Terminal window and looking around the installation disc.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...om_Installation

Regards,

Chris