10 posts in this topic

So, i got my new hardware the other day:

MOBO:Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA69VM-S2

CPU:Athlon X2 5600+ (2.85GHz) socket AM2

GPU: ASUS 2400PRO 256MB DDR2 DVI VGA HDCP HDTV out

HDD: Maxator 320GB HDD

RAM:Kingston 2GB

and a new SATA Dual Layer Re-Writer

I have tried VM to native install of both JaS 10.4.8 and Zephyroth 10.5.1. i have tried native install of both and nothing seems to work. yet they both work fine, yet slow is {censored}.

I don't wanna run a VM, and won't and i want to know if there is anything i can do to possible make it run.

When booting JaS Tiger, i get the apple loading screen with the spin wheel, then it freezes. with zephy leo, i finish making my account and it freezes. is there any little program i can use to make these things actually boot?

i have checked the Wiki and it doesn't hold much information for AMD users, and didn't list any of my hardware.

I read that sombody wasn't getting their OSx86 HackMac to boot and took out all the nViDIA Kexts and AtI Kexts, how is this even possible when it doesn't boot.

Hope i gave you enough info to help me with my problem. i want to run Leo....not tiger....

Think Mark

whats the problem? Does it install but gave panic error in boot? Give us some more information start OSX with -v at bootloader and show us the error!

Or dont you even get it installed?

I also running AMD here Leo works 100% perfect! I had to remove as you said the NVDAResman.kext after I installed and it booted! But I think they way you are telling it you cant even install?!

If not did you have downloaded the special AMD version of leopard?

gonna -v now.... i have it set to run Tiger first....Think Markok, Here is the image of -v on JaS 10.4.8best pic i could get. without writing all the code out for years....http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ratman92/DSCF1086.jpgThink Mark

Its same error as you get with Leopard? I see it has something to do with the videocard .kexts

YOu have Leopard installed right?

Then you need to start with -s then youll command line if this freezes you need to boot with the install dvd and choose at setup Terminal but first try to boot with -s Ill think this works with you

And do this:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir ~/Desktop/NVOriginals

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Titan* ~/Desktop/NVOriginals/

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV* ~/Desktop/NVOriginals/

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Ge* ~/Desktop/NVOriginals/

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

This wil remove al Nvidia kexts!

Its same error as you get with Leopard? I see it has something to do with the videocard .kexts

YOu have Leopard installed right?

Then you need to start with -s then youll command line if this freezes you need to boot with the install dvd and choose at setup Terminal but first try to boot with -s Ill think this works with you

And do this:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir ~/Desktop/NVOriginals

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Titan* ~/Desktop/NVOriginals/

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV* ~/Desktop/NVOriginals/

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Ge* ~/Desktop/NVOriginals/

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

This wil remove al Nvidia kexts!

Well, i will install Leopard now, and report back soon, thanks ;)

Think Mark

Nope, neither tiger or leopard booted up now!!!!!

I have tried to install them both. Leopard installation kept failing...so now, i have had to reort to build a new Leopard rig.

AMD obviously.....

Think Mark

Nope, neither tiger or leopard booted up now!!!!!

I have tried to install them both. Leopard installation kept failing...so now, i have had to reort to build a new Leopard rig.

AMD obviously.....

Think Mark

Now you dont even get them installed? Do you make your own AMD dvd or do you downloaden the ToH version or the 32 bits?