Kalyway 10.5.1 on a Intel D945GTP not working

linuxholgi

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday I took some time and started to install Leopard on my hackintosh. More than a year ago I was lucky to get a 10.4. running by using a Ghost image, found at a torrent site. So be warned, I am still a noob when it comes to this hackintosh stuff... :-)

The Kalyway DVD booted fine, it was not necessary to switch to vanilla on the boot prompt. After that I erased the whole HD with the partitioning utility and created only one partition with the default FS, but switched to MBR.

In the custom install then I selected both vanilla kernel and only the mbr bootloader. After 45 mins the installation was completed successfully.

When I now start the system I get the bootloader and after waiting 3 seconds, I can see 3 lines of text disappearing very quick. The first line is something with "EFI enabled..." ? Then I see the POST screen (cold reboot), like switching the system again on.

Tried to boot with "-v" or "vanilla" but the messages at verbose are disappearing so quick, that I am unbale to get any information. Booting with "vanilla" makes no difference. The "?" is not working to give me more options. Will take a deeper look into the wiki to find something about boot options.

The hardware I am using:

* Intel D945GTP Mainboard (Intel GMA 950 Gfx, Intel High Definition Audio Subsystem, Intel ICH7R Southbridge, Intel 945G Chipset)

* Intel Celeron D 2.8Ghz

* 40 GB IDE Harddisk

* LG IDE DVD Burner

* 1.5 GB RAM Kingston DDR2 533

The board should be pretty close to a Mac Mini.

HELP :-)

--Holger

After reading 3 hours and searching the web, I got an idea what could be wrong. I have to check my BIOS settings. The Execute Disable Bit (NX in my BIOS called) must be enabled. Maybe its disabled and causes exactly this. Just wondering if a 10.4 with patched kernel will run with this disabled. Because the old 10.4 had not such a problem.

Will try this when I am back from work.

Holger

I checked my BIOS and the only option which was stated in the 10.5.1 thread was "Max CPUID VALUE Limit". It was already disbaled. No Execute Disbale Bit or NX...

Did a fresh install, this time with GUID. Deleted the Partiton etc. and formatted new one. After install I had to activate the OSX Partition. Then it booted fine until it began cold rebooting - like the other install.

Really nobody here who can give me any hint???

Is the Celeron D Processor maybe the promblem???

Holger

I checked my BIOS and the only option which was stated in the 10.5.1 thread was "Max CPUID VALUE Limit". It was already disbaled. No Execute Disbale Bit or NX...

Did a fresh install, this time with GUID. Deleted the Partiton etc. and formatted new one. After install I had to activate the OSX Partition. Then it booted fine until it began cold rebooting - like the other install.

Really nobody here who can give me any hint???

Is the Celeron D Processor maybe the promblem???

Holger

why do u need to have vanilla? it doesnt work on all systems yet proparly... just try with toh kernels and see if it can boot, coz rebootiing is usually kernel doesnt like ur system...

Thank you for your reply. Then I will try ToH. It was just because everybody was crazy about how it is with the Kalyway. So I thaught just put it in and do a fresh install. My working OSX installation was from a french 10.4. image and I was unable to update.

Holger

Thank you for your reply. Then I will try ToH. It was just because everybody was crazy about how it is with the Kalyway. So I thaught just put it in and do a fresh install. My working OSX installation was from a french 10.4. image and I was unable to update.

Holger

yeah i understand ur frustration... but people with spesific h/w will be ok with these dvds but not all dvds work fine with everything!

I checked my BIOS and the only option which was stated in the 10.5.1 thread was "Max CPUID VALUE Limit". It was already disbaled. No Execute Disbale Bit or NX...Did a fresh install, this time with GUID. Deleted the Partiton etc. and formatted new one. After install I had to activate the OSX Partition. Then it booted fine until it began cold rebooting - like the other install.Really nobody here who can give me any hint???Is the Celeron D Processor maybe the promblem???Holger
Celeron??? check my sig...
Celeron??? check my sig...
not vanilla tho

• 2 weeks later...

clintoy - is your system stable? I have vanilla running on my system and am trying to build my wife a system as cheaply as possible, I was worried about the stability of a hacked kernel with leopard.

all - it took me a long time to find the cause of the constant rebooting using vanilla/EFI - you must make the following settings in the bios:

Execute Disable Function - ENABLE

ACPI 2 Support - Yes

and Speed step - Disable

of course I did this with an e2160 and NOT a celeron. Just curious if anyone with a celeron D has even tried this to get EFI working.

• 3 weeks later...

The issue with Kalyway Leo disk that you're trying to install is the fact that default partition scheme is GUID, so deselect it and use MBR option (at the very bottom of the list when you click Customize). It will install with no issues, although I am still struggling to get NIC Intel 10/100VE to work consistently, it is recognized but it shows as disconnected, so I had to use DHCP with manual IP setting.

Intel 950 works no problem, ATI X800GTO does not. Koverg patch is useless in Leo.