Video issues: blurry after sleep/change resolution

Geeze

6 posts in this topic

I am having some issues with my video card:

If my computer goes into sleep mode or if I change screen resolution sometimes, not all of the time, the screen becomes faded and blurry. The text is barely legible, and nothing is "sharp". Sometime a reboot fixes this. Most of the time it does not. If I remove NVinject.kext the screen comes back fairly sharp (no CI/QE) in the the basic framebuffer mode. This problem has occurred to me on both a retail and Kalyway 10.5.1 install.

What I have tried so far:

Reloading all of the kext files I think are involved:

NVinject,

Any kext beginning with GeForce*

Any kext beginning with NVD*

I have reloaded the OpenGL frameworks folder

I have used the device ID ranges and tried my actual device ID (0x039110de)

I have done all appropriate chmod/chown, repair permissions.

I have also tried Natit. With both Natit and NVinject, the system profiler says what the card is, says CI/QE enabled.

The only thing that seem to fix this is a re install, and I really don't want to keep doing that. But if a reinstall fixes this then there must be something I can replace (from the retail and/or Kalyway 10.5.1) disk.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time...

Geeze

I am having some issues with my video card:

If my computer goes into sleep mode or if I change screen resolution sometimes, not all of the time, the screen becomes faded and blurry. The text is barely legible, and nothing is "sharp". Sometime a reboot fixes this. Most of the time it does not. If I remove NVinject.kext the screen comes back fairly sharp (no CI/QE) in the the basic framebuffer mode. This problem has occurred to me on both a retail and Kalyway 10.5.1 install.

What I have tried so far:

Reloading all of the kext files I think are involved:

NVinject,

Any kext beginning with GeForce*

Any kext beginning with NVD*

I have reloaded the OpenGL frameworks folder

I have used the device ID ranges and tried my actual device ID (0x039110de)

I have done all appropriate chmod/chown, repair permissions.

I have also tried Natit. With both Natit and NVinject, the system profiler says what the card is, says CI/QE enabled.

The only thing that seem to fix this is a re install, and I really don't want to keep doing that. But if a reinstall fixes this then there must be something I can replace (from the retail and/or Kalyway 10.5.1) disk.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time...

Geeze

I had the same issue using the pcie 7600gt/nvinject/vanilla/iatkos on my aoc monitor but when i used my dell 2407 it worked fine. It seems that the monitor was not resyncing to the clock reliably, no idea why though. Works perfect on the dell at 1920*1200 or any other res.

I had the same issue using the pcie 7600gt/nvinject/vanilla/iatkos on my aoc monitor but when i used my dell 2407 it worked fine. It seems that the monitor was not resyncing to the clock reliably, no idea why though. Works perfect on the dell at 1920*1200 or any other res.

I tried hooking the monitor to the vga conntector of the card and it works better, but the picture is still not a sharp/crisp as the DVI connector. This is driving me nuts. Still don't know why a reinstall fixes this, and even if I do that the problem can come right back.

I booted my machine using an USB drive with Tiger and the Geforce.pkg that is floating around. Everything works fine from there so I am pretty sure my hardware is fine. When I rebooted from my leopard partition it went back to fuzzy.

Besides the files I listed above, what other files pertain to the video setup?

• 8 months later...