775Dual-VSTA from Asrock

fleisch

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

Sorry about yet another post about this but I refuse to believe that this problem can't be solved.

So simple question:

Has anybody got a consistant network connection with this mainboard, no matter how.

If you do, please post your hardware and what changes you made to the kalyway install to make it work.

thx!!

cheers

fleisch

Yes, I have to a certain extent. The network stays up as long as I never adjust the network preferences, if I do, I need to reboot to use the new settings. But since my network is set up now, I never have that problem and it stays on consistently. I used both of these patches to get everything going, but not sure which order I used them in, so you might want to try both of them out.

Pentium D 930

ASRock 775Dual-VSTA (onboard LAN and Audio)

Nvidia GeForce FX5200 (AGP) using NVInject (desktop) drivers

Sleep working with one bios tweak (suspend RAM or something like that needs to be enabled, it's in the ACPI settings second option down I believe)

IDE Hard drive and IDE CD/DVD drives

edit: second file didn't upload, but this is it: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=39284

it says it is for 10.4.8 but it still works on leopard. Just install the package, no need to inject it into the CD.

viarhine_rel.tar.gz

Hm...I don't get it...why doesn't it work with my hack :D

Maybe there is more bios settings that differ?

I think i've tried just about anything...

still whenever I try and access my laptop through network or start videoconferencing the connection dies!

heeeelp