Help with installing iATKOS

whicker117

10 posts in this topic

I tried installing Leopard on my PC (which meets all the hardware requirements) with iATKOS. However, I am not able to complete the installation, because when I boot off of the DVD, my keyboard isn't detected for some reason. I need to type in the Darwin terminal, but my keyboard won't function. I tried to use the caps lock key to test whether it was a problem with the Darwin software, or if it was my keyboard's problem. Since the light corresponding to the caps lock key didn't light up when I pressed it, I determined that it was my keyboard's problem. I really want to install leopard, but I can't just because of a keyboard issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

i think you are using ps2 connection keyboard u must use the usb keyboard i hv encountered that problem recently when i switched to usb keyboard but still no luck to install leopard

• 2 months later...

I'm having that same problem. I installed iATKOS 0.1r2 on fairly new intel gateway laptop(intel 1.5 ghz dual core, 2 gigs ram) but I couldn't get too far because it couldn't detect my keyboard. I had to use copy and paste techniques to get thru the terminal bits during the install. I haven't tried plugging in a usb keyboard, but i don't have one on hand, and it would be useful to be able to use the built in keyboard. Anyone have any ideas?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...