Apple Update

mtotho

3 posts in this topic

I am sure this has been asked before, infact i have seen it asked before, but it is impossible to use the search engine and search for "Software update" or various variations as anything with those words will come up. My deal is, i am wondering if i can auto update, apple update, software update, whatever you call it. I have a 100% working install of leopard on my Abit Ab9 Quadgt.. sound, ethernet, and video anyway, and full hardrive, read and write speed, Shut down and restart work, everything i can think of works. The only thing i did was place in the Kalyway 10.5.1 install disk and selected no customized options (except i made it a Mbr Partition Table). Which reminds me, i also have a dual boot with xp going. Anyway i didnt select vanilla kernel or any addition junk. Do i have to install vanilla kernel to apple update? is there any sure way to update without disrupting anything? if i have to install Vanilla, please point me in the right direction as to how. Thanks for your patience, do not make fun of me for my little knowledge, atleast i am not asking you where to download Kalyways or whatever.

Well my situation is different than you, I have iATKOS with EFI + all retail kexts installed and working fantastic. I downloaded to make sure EFI was working properly the 10.5.1 update from apple, I installed without any change of kext file, which mean all kext that I have is from the original apple 10.5.1 update, I am telling you that run like a charm, the EFI is fantastic, it is really like having a real mac in your PC. You should select EFI and all vanilla kext if you have a core duo 2.

ok, i just did default on kalyways so i dont know exactly what i have, but i know i dont have the Vanilla kernel. I just used kalyway 10.5.1 disc, does that have stock or modded kexts?. How do i go and install the vanilla kernel or efi or both without destroying a installation. And your saying, i should be able to auto update? I did not edit any kexts or whatever, the only thing i did was install an ethernet, an audio, and a video package to get them working good. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

i also have an iatkos disk if that helps... but if at all possible i'd like to keep this install