Is there anyway to dual boot with leopard, efi, 32bit xp?

jarobata

10 posts in this topic

The threads seem to be saying you need 64 bit windows to dual boot, does this have something to do with efi or leopard? I had tiger working with 32bit xp dual boot so I assume this difficulty has something to do with a new issue regarding leopard. If I used something like grub for booting partitions could I have 32bit windows? I'm under the impression 64bit windows has lots of problems regarding drivers and what not so I'd prefer to stay away from it and obviously I don't want vista.

No problems here dual booting. I've got one HDD with:

40GB Primary partition - Win XP Pro 32bit

40GB Primary Active partition - Leopard with EFI (MBR)

I'm using Darwin to manage my bootloaders, but you can use chain0 via Win XP (but from my experience this drops you into Darwin, which you then have to select which OS you want.

No problems here dual booting. I've got one HDD with:

40GB Primary partition - Win XP Pro 32bit

40GB Primary Active partition - Leopard with EFI (MBR)

I'm using Darwin to manage my bootloaders, but you can use chain0 via Win XP (but from my experience this drops you into Darwin, which you then have to select which OS you want.

Interesting, do you have any idea about why all the stickied dual boot threads say 64bit only?

But that should not matter if you're using two seperate disks. Don't trust me on this, this is more of a question than a statement :)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't want to be responsible for a destroyed system :)

But that should not matter if you're using two seperate disks. Don't trust me on this, this is more of a question than a statement :blink:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't want to be responsible for a destroyed system :wacko:

I don't really know what the advantage to guid is...

• 1 month later...