Does Leopard support my hardware yet?

Marc Connor

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I LOVE leopard, and I'd really like to say thanks to the great contributors like BrazilMac, ToH, Kalyway, SynthetiX, etc. I've got a laptop with the Intel 915GM/900GMA graphics card and would like to know if QE/CI would work on it with any of the releases thus far. (such as kalyway 10.5.1) Also, is there perhaps a chance of the Intel 2200BG working with leopard?

Thanks a lot,

Marc.

Unfortunately I cannot say for sure if your computer supports OSX.

I can say for sure your computer supports the search function in the forum. It's a great new function. You type the name in the Search Box of what you're looking for. It tells you the answer!

Give it a go, I am sure you will be impressed!

GMA900 in Leo is ALWAYS going to be a problem. Apple never used the hardware in a shipping product, and apparently, it's different enough to the GMA950 that it's drivers won't work. Unless somebody knows how to write a complete graphics driver in OS X, and is willing to dedicate the time to doing it for nothing (both of which I doubt, especially since as far as I know, nobody outside Apple has ever released a fully working OS X video driver, full stop.)

I think it might just be time for older integrated-graphics owners to upgrade their machines for Leo. GMA950 laptops can be had quite cheap on the secondhand market now, and Apple is committed to supporting those in the future since they use GMA950 in their own machines. People with pre-X1000 series ATI cards are in the same boat...