Intel x3100 - 1280x768 -> 1280x800

Salva

7 posts in this topic

hello everybody.

first my tech spec

sony vaio vgn nr 11s with intel gma x3100.

I have the new iAtkos ir2 with x3100 support.

Mac recognizes the x3100 with all resolutions.

My standard resolution under vista was 1280x800 but under mac theres only 1280x768.

Under my dock there are strange artifacts. a stripe with nothing.

now my question. how do i get 1280x800?

please help

salva

• 3 weeks later...
hello everybody.

first my tech spec

My standard resolution under vista was 1280x800 but under mac theres only 1280x768.

please help

salva

Ciao Salva,

does your NR11s boot without AC power plugged in? Having to buy a new Vaio I'm oriented to a NR11s and

I'm looking for info on the Leopard install on this machine.

I have a VGN-N11S with a quasi perfect install of Kalyway 10.5.1 (apart the 3945 wi-fi of course).

Sleep works perfectly on S3 mode with Vanilla Kernel but boot hangs on the grey logo (or ACPI in -v)

when booted witho no AC adapter plugged in, which seems a rather common prolem for Vaio models.

thanks in advance for you answer.

hello everybody.

first my tech spec

please help

salva

hey do you have QI/CE enabled as well? And does this disk have support for the x3000 as well?

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This topic is reallly old, but for the sake of anyone else searching for answers, the answer is DSDT.

I for some reason, just couldn't get X3100 to work on my Sony Viao. The white screen with dark spots and a weird pattern kept showing up each time. I could connect an external monitor, but it was considered as a secondary screen and that was it. So I ended up deleting all AppleIntelGMAX3100* kexts in the /System/Library/Extensions/ directory (I booted into the shell for this of course, using the -s boot option). This allowed me to boot into Mac OS X at least using VESA graphics. Although the VESA graphics aren't bad at all, the 1024x768 rez was drivin' me nuts.

So finally I tried the DSDT compiler. It spit out a dsdt.aml file (after failing to compile, so I had to use the -f option to force it) which I placed in the / directory as mentioned in the instructions. I updated my Chameleon bootloader to v2 RC2 and rebooted and voila! My res was automatically fixed to 1280x800. Eventually, I even updated to 10.5.8 (but I still have to use my old kexts) but no luck with X3100 kexts and/or QE/CI :(

PS: I'm using a Sony Viao VGN-CR290

• Like 1