Kernel Panic

handyandy164

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I was reading about the wonders of OSx86 and decided that ill 'give it a go!'

I downloaded the Mac OS X v10.4.8 JaS Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 w/ PPF1.

I booted the DVD and it loaded up, and installed it onto a seperate 20GB drive.

I want to triple boot with XP, Vista and Mac. (Eventualy with Ubuntu aswell, so a Quad-Boot) At the moment, I cant Mac to appear in my boot loader so I just boot from the hard disk (see link below for video) and then I get this rather scary error message, which appears to my 14 year old knowledge, as a 'Kernel Panic'. I have included a video, with the screen, and filmed as much as I could...

My specs:

Acer Aspire

Intel P4 2.8GHz

786MB Ram

Intel 82865G Intergrated Graphics (But Im using an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 because the 82865G is in Black and white...)

160GB Seagate Barracuda (With XP/Vista Dual-Booted Properly - NTFS - 2 Partitions)

20GB Seagate 'something!' (With Mac installed)

Any help to get this thing to boot/make the install dvd look right would be fantastic,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

P.s. Link to video:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9XJ5NMV7 (7.6MB) Thx guys!

Please note: My mac installation didn't work because I installed AMD instead of Intel. But when I install I get an error because of the disk. It happens when its installing the 'Semthex' kernel, or something... help!

OK, I have FINALLY got the Jas 10.4.8 INTEL/AMD SSE2/SSE3 w/ PPF1 to install, BUT it comes up with this error:

Disk boot failure. Insert System disk and press enter.

I put in the system disk (the install DVD) press enter, and it continues to load my XP installation on a seperate HDD.

My specs:

Acer Aspire

Intel P4 2.8GHz

786MB Ram

Intel 82865G Intergrated Graphics (But Im using an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 because the 82865G is in Black and white...)

160GB Seagate Barracuda (With XP/Vista Dual-Booted Properly - NTFS - 2 Partitions)

20GB Seagate 'something!' (With Mac installed HFS+ partition)

Any help to get this thing to boot would be fantastic,

Thanks,

Andrew

What if i cant get a hold of toh's rc2 dvd?? Oh, can i use my Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon terminel??Sorry, im kind of a newbie to this... can you give me a step-by-step explanation, lol...Thanks for the reply,Andrewif it helps, I also installed MacDrive, but when I open the drive (G:) associated with Mac 10.4.8, it says:G:\ is not accessible. The data is corrupt and unreadable.??ok... im going to try to wipe and re-install (for the 4th time...) Wish me luck...

EDIT: ok, i got it to say,

Disk boot failure. Insert System disk and press enter.

BUT, I noticed that whenI formatted it, I couldnt use the keyboard, it didnt worK! :)

Still, what command do i use to try and safe mode boot using disk, is it -v. ??

Thanks,

Andrew

P.s. If i can get it to boot into 'safe mode' or whatever, how can I make it that I dont have to boot into safemode everytime I want to use mac..?

I installed:

Essentials

Brother Printer Drivers

X11

Intel Kext

Nvidia titan driver

I didnt install:

AMD kexts

Language Packs

Extra Fonts

Support for most common hardware

ATI Titan driver