Leopard 10.5.0 Installed with no Internet

sneak

6 posts in this topic

I have just installed toh leopard on my pc. Everything works except the internet. I'm trying to connect using the onboard rlt8100c ethernet port. Can anyone help me?

MB: ASUS P5P800-VM

CPU: Intel Celeron D 346 Prescott 3.06GHz

MEM: mushkin 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400

DVD: LG 16X IDE

HD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JB 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100

I had the same problem, what I did to fix mines was enable LAN BOOT on bios. And once you have done that it'll attempt to boot lan when you restart just press ESC and it should continue to boot your OSX normally and you'll have Internet :rolleyes:. Hope this helps.

thanks for the quick reply yamcha, but unfortunately this did not work. I have tried to install a patch and I even followed instuctions i found on this site for installing this same type of ethernet port.

and if all else fails you can do the PCI work around.

For me, I used an Intel PCI ethernet card, disables the buit in nic and install, bootup OSX and got internet.

hey sneak, i forgot to mention, during installation u have to choose drivers, (Customize) when u click that u get a list of drivers you have to make sure u choose a LAN driver, if you don't it doesn't work, I'm not sure if you've already done that or not. But anyway if u haven't you'll have to do the setup again, but this time click Customize when your about to do setup, and choose the drivers that u think will best work for you.. (I chose Marvell Lan Drivers)..