ASUS EN7300GT SILENT P-35 EFI V8 GFX string

4 posts in this topic

I normally use a Saphire X1950XT with Jccool installer, works great.

I had a EN7300GT card working great in 10.4.8 in an ASrock 945DVI mobo. Not working well with that mobo in Leopard.

Just for laughs, I swapped the cards in my ASUS P5K-E, and wow, the EN7300GT worked just like that, with Jccool's X1950XT natit installer.

But for even more fun, I did a fresh vanilla install, and tried the efi graphics strings. After a few failures, SUCCESS.

Here, have my boot.plist file.

Just make sure you repair permissions correctly:

chmod 644

chown root:admin

Although, i have a little bit of a clue, i managed to change the UID to fit my ASUS EN7300GS and was able to get it working!!

I've even been able to change the Card's ID it now says: Chipset Model: ASUS EN7300GS EFI

SticMAN

I'm a happy little piggy!!

I normally use a Saphire X1950XT with Jccool installer, works great.

I had a EN7300GT card working great in 10.4.8 in an ASrock 945DVI mobo. Not working well with that mobo in Leopard.

Just for laughs, I swapped the cards in my ASUS P5K-E, and wow, the EN7300GT worked just like that, with Jccool's X1950XT natit installer.

But for even more fun, I did a fresh vanilla install, and tried the efi graphics strings. After a few failures, SUCCESS.

Here, have my boot.plist file.

Just make sure you repair permissions correctly:

chmod 644

chown root:admin

Just a picture to show!!

Although, i have a little bit of a clue, i managed to change the UID to fit my ASUS EN7300GS and was able to get it working!!

I've even been able to change the Card's ID it now says: Chipset Model: ASUS EN7300GS EFI

SticMAN

I'm a happy little piggy!!