How does this motherboard sound?

mtotho

6 posts in this topic

i scored an Abit AB9 QuadGT for free because i helped out someone with there computer, they ended needing a new mobo and gave me that one, and its fully working.... does anyone here know how good this board is with leopard? thanks

Chipsets

North Bridge Intel P965 Express

South Bridge Intel ICH8R

Sound

ac '97

Serial ATA

- Intel® Matrix Storage Tech(AHCI & RAID0/1/5/10)

- 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s through JMicron® JMB363 support 0,1JBOD RAID function

LAN

- On board PCI Gigabit LAN controller supports 10/100/1000M Ethernet

and apparently has realtek audio and lan chipset

i would test it now but im not getting it till sunday.

if you dont mind me asking this question here instead of looking around for it.. what does this the Jmicron patch fix... and is it applied after the install? thanks.... and Wigworm, assumin this motherboard is that compatible, should your guide with Kalyway disk instead of iAtkos... i already have both but i prefer, and kalyways has better reviews. Thanks

if you dont mind me asking this question here instead of looking around for it.. what does this the Jmicron patch fix... and is it applied after the install? thanks.... and Wigworm, assumin this motherboard is that compatible, should your guide with Kalyway disk instead of iAtkos... i already have both but i prefer, and kalyways has better reviews. Thanks

I don't trust pre-packed drivers, as it rarely works. If that's Kalyway's advange (pre-packed driver, I would say don't bother). The Jmicron patch fix let OS X recognize your eSATA. But I would say you probably don't need it as I've tested on an ASROCK board that use the same Jmicron driver for SATA port. It worked with or without patch. I've never used Kalyway disk. But it really shouldn't matter. My method works with iATKOS because it uses MBR partition scheme where Kalyway uses GUID scheme. My tripple boot method doesn't support Guid scheme. At least I haven't personally tested it.

o, well i usually dont select any of the packages... and i have the option for mbr but its guid at default. Are u saying I should use MBR to use dual and triple boot? my set up is gonna have xp and leopard on the same partition and i hope to dual boot with vista bootloader. Before when i tried with the guid i kept on getting b0error

Also Wigworm, fyi you dont need vista for its bootloader. You can install it using EasyBCD on xp.

o, well i usually dont select any of the packages... and i have the option for mbr but its guid at default. Are u saying I should use MBR to use dual and triple boot? my set up is gonna have xp and leopard on the same partition and i hope to dual boot with vista bootloader. Before when i tried with the guid i kept on getting b0error

Also Wigworm, fyi you dont need vista for its bootloader. You can install it using EasyBCD on xp.

Well, iATKOS only works with MBR anyways. Kalyways works with both I guess. I think to use EasyBCD, you have to partition it to MBR since that EasyBCD add a boot by adding an entry in MBR. I haven't tested single drive solution. It may work. Just make sure that Window drive is on the first partition.