ALC660

snoxu

8 posts in this topic

As any one managed to get ALC660 working?

There's people on the sticky claiming to have kexts for ALC861 working for ALC660. I tried but unless I did something wrong installing, it does work for me.

Any ideas or tips are welcomed here...

As any one managed to get ALC660 working?

There's people on the sticky claiming to have kexts for ALC861 working for ALC660. I tried but unless I did something wrong installing, it does work for me.

Any ideas or tips are welcomed here...

Please, Snoxu, ALC its Realtek chipset (if im not mistake)! Try to go on Realtek sub-forum

Regards!

edit: Nevermind, from the FAQ, I see Taruga doesn't want new topics created. Please delete or whatever...

I doesn't look like to me that there's a universal dump or kexts that work for all Realtek chipsets...So why not have separate topics?

I doesn't look like to me that there's a universal dump or kexts that work for all Realtek chipsets...

So why not have separate topics?

Universal dump? Strange thing... Dump may be only for one device, not for all devices or more than one device. I know that core dump is the recorded state of the working memory of a computer program at a specific time, generally when the program has terminated abnormally (wikipedia) Im think that dump for each devices may be only one. Patch may include much dumps of devices - that why on this moment no universal patcher. But its really. Developers may do this patch, but why? :P

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I have ALC660 and I managed to put to work the sound in my notebook. It was a simple thing, I installed the KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3, that has some drivers included, and for the sound I chose ONLY Azalia_out. After that the sound was working.

Hope it helps.

Packard Bell Bu-45: T5500 (1,667Ghz), 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb, Intel 945gm.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have Leo4all 10.5.2 Leopard Installed and all is working just fine, only sound does not work.

My big problem I think is that I cannot find the right driver because I couldn't state the exact model of my built in audio, please help my find out, I'm driving crazy about this.

Here are the specs:

Laptop: Asus W5Fm

Vendor: 8086h Intel Corporation

Device: 27D8h 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller

VEN_10EC&DEV_0660

I guessed it could be Realtek ALC660; if so, what driver do I have to use?

VERY Thank You!!!

get your sound working under linux first. I found that in linux my /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 actually changed each time I configured/loaded the driver. The correct codec dump is the one you make when sound is playing correctly on your machine. other codec dumps contain the wrong pinouts.