ToHLEOX86 (10.5.0 DVD)

unimatrix725

3 posts in this topic

I am unable to get the bootloader screen. I can however get it to boot my Leopard install only if I leave the DVD in the drive and do not press any keys. At one point in time I had the boot loader working. I must say that I have had better luck with 10.5 than 10.4.9. I like leopard it is more responsive on my ancient system. I did have this boot issue with 10.4.9 also. I have done something somewhere.... I have used acronis os selector 10 previously with success but removed it just in case because this go round it didnt work. Acronis sees it as an unkown linux distro, but when it boots it it just sits there with a blank screen and a flashing underscore. I was looking around and found something about chain0 and put a few lines in my boot.ini file, wont work either.

I have a floppy with Grub? I think on it to load the knoppix , I dont know how to make grub load it... had bad experiences before..

I have had a real mac since 1992. So I have a little experience and have been using WinDoze OS' and dabbled in linux (BSD and Debain flavors). Im not real good at hacking stuff so please bear with me. Any Help is appreciated.

This is some background info on my system. I cant use System Profiler to paste in my specs it crashes on launch!

:wacko: I have a Dell Dimension 8200 768MB~RDRAM(RamBus) 1.8 Ghz P4 400mhz bus(True Pentium SSE2 only support) cant use the 2 other 2.8 CPUs One Pentium 533mhz bus and one Celeron 400mhz bus, anyway I have a crappy Lite-On LH-16A1p Dvd Burner, I used to like lite-on.... nVidia Geforce FX5500 PCI (Decent Support, wont work with tv) my agp one exploded literally like 4 smrs did. a VIA 6421A SATA PCI Card (not working either) Attached to it is 2 320GB SATA Western Digital Drives and on the PATA port one 250GB WD, on the Primary IDE a 160GB WD on the Slave a 120GB Seagate. Secondary master has the dvdrw and nothing on the slave. A Adaptec 5 port USB 2.0 Card (4ext and one int. connector). IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC (read it was bought out by intel?) I have upgraded the Power Supply as well it is a 680Watt something...

I have XP SP2 and Knoppix 5.1 on the same drive as the Leopard Install on my Primary Master.

The ToH 10.5.0 DVD (RC2) dosn't install a bootloader because for some reason that image just dosn't do it/have it. You have to either install tiger first, then Leopard on top of it, or look for Kalyway's "Format and make bootable HD" image which is basically a stripped out tiger install that only installs the bootloader and use that first, then ToH. Or use another Leopard besides ToH. Good luck ;)

• 1 year later...