iChat wont work????

webtek23

6 posts in this topic

I have OSX 10.4.3 installed on my P4 1.9Ghz Dell Dimension with an nVidia GeForce2 MX 4000 card, which obviously has no QE or CI support. When I click the iChat icon in the dock it bounces for a bit, tries to open, and then instantly closes. I never even see the iChat screen. Any suggestions?

iChat is always included as part of the basic OS X installation, reguardless of the fact that 10.4.3 is a pre-release OS. It's found in the Applications folder unless you moved it, so there is no reason why iChat would be "hiding." And unlike Windows shortcuts, Mac shortcuts self-adjust whenever the application they point to changes its location.

If you can click the iChat icon in the Applications folder and it still closes out, look for any crash logs.

• 5 weeks later...

To get iChat to work, right click the program from under the apps folder and choose get info... then check of the option for rosetta emulation (forget what it said exactly.. not near my osx). This will get it to work :D But if you really want a good all around imer, check out adium.

By the way this trick works for several other programs as well.