casperxkidds

3 posts in this topic

Im running a

P5W DH Deluxe w/ wifi

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Allendale 2.2GHz

PNY VCG7300GXPB GeForce 7300GT

1 GB DDR RAM

SEAGATE 300GB SATA HD

Im using kalyway 10.5.1 without any extra installed since when i do either the lan doesnt work or it crashes even with the vanilla kernal fix

now my biggest concern is with the wifi and sound, it seems that when i try to follow the instructions of update the kext files it cant find them so i dunno if thats he problem or if im using the wrong files. As far as wifi when i install the driver from the website it connects and than drops i think it might have something to do with verizon but im not sure.

Other than that

Time machines doesnt work

DVD player and X11 Crash unexpectedly

So any ideas would be helpful thanks and yes i searched and searched for this stuff

Sound Fixed

Downloaded AppleHDAPatcherv1.1.8 than found the linux codec dump for the P5W DH Deluxe through google, and after restart works like a charm

• 2 months later...

The Wifi is very sticky. The best way I found around it was to re-install Kalyway without the Wifi support option and go off the ethernet LAN. Instead of messing around with an Wifi card I just hooked the LAN cable up to a wireless ethernet bridge (linksys makes a good one). Everything worked fine after that.