Certain programs are crashing out on Kaliway 10.5.1

Magicman

8 posts in this topic

I'm having problems with Microsoft Messenger crashing out and also the Pokerstars client for OS X. They worked on my 10.5 install but on the 10.5.1 kaliway those two programs keep crashing out. Pokerstars sometimes will make me restart my computer.Any Ideas?

I'm using the hacked kernel and not the efi kernel since couldn't get efi to work. Hyperthreading p4 not a intel core duo.

2 gig of ram 3.2 ghz p4 hyperthreading. nvidia 7300 le, sigmatel 880 patched with the sound patcher. Intel 945gcz BTX form factor motherboard.

Okay that didn't help. But even with that off Microsoft messenger now works. However pokerstars doesn't work. Pokerstars is still Beta so that may have something to do with it.

Who knows. I know If I'm really desperate I can create a windows xp vmware image and play pokerstars with that on the unity desktop. I just liked having a native os x version of pokerstars.

One thing that works wonderfully is jdoom (doomsday) it's a doom engine that uses open gl and 3d models for the old classic Doom engine games.

Try it out.

Magicman

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem with PokerStars, but using a vanilla kernel with EFI. It runs pretty well under VMWare though so not a huge problem, although the native client runs really nicely on my iMac G5.

Same here, the latest PokerStars client is still crashing at startup, the network windows pops up and then it crashes before opening the Lobby.

I could post a crash report if needed.

Luckly the Full Tilt client works just fine :wacko:

Same with Second Life (I don't play it) but It was working with my last Leo install, but not with Kalyway 10.5.1

• 3 weeks later...