OS X 10.4.8 Problem (Kernel panic)

Shifty102

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a problem with my OSX86 install.

I´m trying to run OS X on a pc with the following specifications:

Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Memory: Kingston 2Gb DDR2 (667Mhz)

Videocard Asus EN8600 GTS (256Mb)

I used a 10.4.8 install dvd, and installed OS X on a second hard drive.

My primary HDD has Vista and XP on it, so I used an old 8Gb HDD for OS X.

OS X install started normal, and I chose the following items to install along with OS X:

Essential System Software
Printer Drivers
X11
Intel 10.4.8 ATA ktexts

I unchecked the following items:

Support for Most Common Hardware
Titan NVidia and ATI Support
Language packs

After the installation finished, I booted into Vista (OS X somehow didn't erase my Windows bootloader)

and added OS X to the bootloader with EasyBCD.

When I rebooted and chose the OS X option in the bootloader, I got to the OS X bootscreen.

However, after loading for a while, a screen popped up with a 'kernel panic' message, with something like; 'reboot the computer by pressing and holding the shutdown buttons for 4 seconds etc...'

So, does anyone have an idea why I can't boot into OS X?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards, Shifty

boot into windows, install macdrive(if you havent already), then go into device manager. find your graphics card and look at the advanced info for the card. an example of the string you are looking for is: 0x029210de. The last four numbers will be 10de. that's the vendor id. the four numbers next to it will be what you are looking for. copy those. now, with macdrive, go into your os x drive, and navigate to system/library/extensions. find the folder geforce.kext and open info.plist in notepad. youre looking for the same string that was mentioned formerly. with your copied numbers, replace the four to the left of 10de with the numbers you found. looking farther in info.plist, there will be another string, 0x0000ffff. change the four zeros next to the f's to f's, making 8 f's total. now reboot, into os x, and open disk manager. run a repair permissions, and it should work. I'm not sure about the 8600gts, you might have to do more, but i'm not helpful for that, im running on a 7900gs.

hope that helps :(

Well, I tried to find the XXXX10de number but I don't know where to find in Device Manager.

Here's a screenshot of my Geforce 8600 GTS hardware ID, maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

(Sorry for the Dutch language in the screenshot. :rolleyes:)

naamloosnc4.png

This is what the complete text string says: 'PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0400&SUBSYS_82411043&REV_A1\4&63F8C69&0&0018'.

Already many thanks in advance.

Regards, Shifty