INTEL pro 100 ve

Hamb0ne

7 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hey guys just a hint. I had a lot of problems with my Intel PRO/100 VE and I tried a lot of different KEXT's but the final solution was to _always_ boot with the kernel parameter "-f".

This will cause Mac OS X to boot without kernel extension cache and I have a 100% succes rate with my Intel PRO/100 VE. Booting takes a bit longer and you can probably add the value to your default kernel parameters, also I had to add my device/manufacture id to the kext but I assume everyone knows that.

BTW for reference, when I don't use "-f" it will print errors like "Apple8255x: Selftest Failed" and "Apple8255x: Invalid rom contents" or something like that.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
Hey guys just a hint. I had a lot of problems with my Intel PRO/100 VE and I tried a lot of different KEXT's but the final solution was to _always_ boot with the kernel parameter "-f".

This will cause Mac OS X to boot without kernel extension cache and I have a 100% succes rate with my Intel PRO/100 VE. Booting takes a bit longer and you can probably add the value to your default kernel parameters, also I had to add my device/manufacture id to the kext but I assume everyone knows that.

BTW for reference, when I don't use "-f" it will print errors like "Apple8255x: Selftest Failed" and "Apple8255x: Invalid rom contents" or something like that.

Good luck!

Hi! I was wondering if you could put pics of how it's supposed to look when you put the -f flag. I don't want to input anything yet because I don't want to mess with the kext unless I know what to do.