Trouble installing Ubuntu on Parallels..

X-Ray Mac

9 posts in this topic

I'm running Leopard on my macbook pro and I just recently downloaded Unbuntu and burned it using Disk Utility, but I'm confused on how I run it? I know I'm making this more difficult than it is, but if someone could help it would mean a lot! thanks!

***********EDIT************

Yeah so I followed the instructions on a website to help install Ubuntu under Parallels and it says when Ubuntu asks what to boot from the website said: live vga790 I typed that in and Ubuntu said it didn't recognize it and I'm not familiar with this at all so if anyone wouldn't mind walking me through my aim name is glassmen07 or if you could post on here how to help, I would appreciate it..

thanks.

Just reboot the MacBook Pro and make sure it boots from the CD. You'll be greeted with an Ubuntu menu. Select the 'Start or Install' option (don't worry, despite the title, it won't install to your hard drive until you specifically tell it to later). In a minute or two the Ubuntu desktop will come up. From there, just explore it as much as you like.

• 2 weeks later...
so yeah...

Still can't install Linux via Parallels.. anyone know what I may be doing wrong or know how to do it properly?

I have installed ubuntu 7.10 by parallels. You just have to select linux on OS selection, thats it.

I found out that ubuntu or XP runs more smoothly on VirtualBox comparing to parallels.