10.5.1 IATKOS Darwin LOOP Please Help

magic0200

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a Dell E510 that works will EFI 10.4.11 OSX and everything under. When I install either IATKOS or Kalyway my Machine recognizes the Darwin Loader just fine (and boot flag is set which I checked with GPARTED), however it goes to load after the timeout, the screen changes to black, and then it goes right back to a restart and it loops like this.....

Please please please looking for any help on this. I thought I was in the blinking cursor problem but this looks like a different issue.

Thanks so much for the reply :)

I have tried both r2 and the original r1 release and both give me the same problem...

PNY 7300gt 256 info comes up

dell logo

darwin bootloader (running off hdd with and with out dvd in drive)... it times out or I can select drive

Screen goes to intialize OSX load

black screen

PNY 7300 256 info screen (aka reboots)...

I have had no other problems ever installing OSX prior to this (whether it's EFI or Hacked Kernel). No hardware has been changed (including the HDD being used). I have tried MBR and GUID and both have the same problem.

Also.....

When I try -V I get about 5 lines deep but it only is up on the screen for less than 1 second so I can't read the lines.... I see four lines which state HFS+ information and then the last line which says Starting OSX or Darwin (can't remember) with the dots ..... Then reboots.

I also tried with both a04 and a07 (dell) bios and both have the same reaction...

Thanks so much for the reply :)

I have tried both r2 and the original r1 release and both give me the same problem...

PNY 7300gt 256 info comes up

dell logo

darwin bootloader (running off hdd with and with out dvd in drive)... it times out or I can select drive

Screen goes to intialize OSX load

black screen

PNY 7300 256 info screen (aka reboots)...

I have had no other problems ever installing OSX prior to this (whether it's EFI or Hacked Kernel). No hardware has been changed (including the HDD being used). I have tried MBR and GUID and both have the same problem.

Also.....

When I try -V I get about 5 lines deep but it only is up on the screen for less than 1 second so I can't read the lines.... I see four lines which state HFS+ information and then the last line which says Starting OSX or Darwin (can't remember) with the dots ..... Then reboots.

I also tried with both a04 and a07 (dell) bios and both have the same reaction...

I have been having the same problem for the longest time until i read somewhere that it's a BIOS issue. Granted I use a different system (custom built) with a Conroe 1333 667 motherboard, but I think you should look into downgrading or upgrading your BIOS. I downgraded mine and I'm installing Leopard as I'm typing this.

Good luck.

I actually updated the bios and that didn't help and I was running stock A04 (upgraded to A07). Now my only other concern is possibly which EFI version is being used. (currently running V8 EFI with 10.4.11 stock kernel and files).

If anyone has any info on this I am willing to "donate" on this issue even for a patch if possible.

Alright,

I found two strange options and could really use some advice.

1. The system does boot with cpus=1

2. The system also boots with EFI and the SSE3 and SSE2 kernel (no CPUS=1 required).

Question: It stakes under the SSE3/SSE2 kernel that EFI will still work with this kernel however I want this machine to be able to accept updates. So am I better off just typing CPUS=1 with a the stock kernel or is the SSE3/SSE2 still able to accept updates?

THANK YOU SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN! !!!!!!!! :D