Installing KALYWAY on External Hard disk?

Beatnik

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150, Pentium 4 processor 2.66 Ghz, SEE2, nVidia 5200 video card, and 256 RAM, but never got into the Install routine, it appears as recognizing hardware, but then it all restarted, I used -v, and it was so quick I could not see when it finish before rebooting, and the same again.

Now, I think it could have been because of the SEE2, and 256 of RAM, now I have 2 options:

1- Updating my RAM to 1GB, and try to install it on my Dell Inspiron or,

2- Buy an external hard disk, to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on it, using my brothers Toshiba Notebook A35-SP4146, with 1.86Ghz Dual core processor, and 1GB Ram.(on that laptop I tried the kalyway dvd and I could get into the installation routine without problem but didnt finish it because they had vista and their files on it and didnt want me to experiment)

Now my question: If I buy that External Hard disk, will I be able to install kalyway on it?

Thanks

I wouldn't go out and spend the money on a hard disk, but if you've got one laying around or can borrow one, it's worth a try. I can run anything internally or externally, but it is more about the overall compatibility of the system than which hard drive it gets installed on. It is possible that Leopard just doesn't like your controller, but with the other limitations of your system, I would spend more money on it just for Leopard.

• 1 year later...