Hackintosh Hardware Analysis Noob

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am new here and I'm building my first hackintosh and I have searched this forum for over a week now. I posted this thread because I just want to pass things by you experts before I purchase the hardware in the next week. After reading through many threads I have basically picked up a basic understanding of what is compatible and proven. I just have a few questions at the end, if you can help that would be great

So here's the hardware list :

MB: Gigabyte P35-DS3P

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750

RAM: 4GB PQI DDR2 800

HDD: WD SATA II 500GB

VGA: 320MB Gigabyte 8800GTS

DVD: Pioneer SATA 215BK

Cooling: Thermaltake Blue Orb V1

PS: Thermaltake Toughpower 600w

Case: Centurion 5

and heres the multiple operating system list :

MS Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

MS Windows XP Professional SP3

MS Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Ubuntu 7.10 Desktop Edition

Mac OS X Leopard (x86 Project)

Q1. Obviously, are all hardware mentioned above compatible with building a hackintosh? and is it recommended?

Q2. I am going to use EasyBCD to multi boot operating systems, within the software description it states it will work with leopard, any insight or alternatives?

Q3. What patches, drivers or important files should I have on hand before I attempt this, going by what hardware I have?

Q4. I like the video card I have chosen cause I am sure its 100% fully compatible but there are better options, are the NEW 512MB 8800GT or NEW 512MB 8800GTS fully compatible aswell?

*** Thanks in advance, especially to osx86 project team for making this possible ***

Regards,

Justin M

the hardware is all compatible... but why this many operating sistem?? i will use vista and leopard in 2 different sata hard drive without bootloader.

At the start i chose wich hard disk have to boot.

For the other os i think to use wmware fusion from leopard to run in virtual mode

Yeah I forgot about bootcamp thats a great idea :)

Q3. What patches, drivers or important files should I have on hand before I attempt this, going by what hardware I have?

Q4. I like the video card I have chosen cause I am sure its 100% fully compatible but there are better options, are the NEW 512MB 8800GT or NEW 512MB 8800GTS fully compatible aswell?

Just need to know the answer to these 2 questions please :P

Thanks