can SCO Unix drivers be used with a flavor of OSX86?

jackychan

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to install an Adaptec SCSI card on my hackintosh, currently working on getting 10.4.8 (JAS) to install, with limited success.

Neither leopard or my 10.4.8 JAS install recognizes the SCSI card, I read on the forum that 10.4.4 or so had SCSI drivers, but it was left out of the newer versions.

I've got an IDE hard drive, and thats working fine, but I'd really like to use my 10k RPM SCSI drive that I've had setting around a few years.

I've found this on Adaptec's website: http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/scsi/u160/ASC-29160N/

and as you can see, they've got some UNIX drivers on there, has anyone any idea if this would work on an OSX86? I'm definitely going to try it once I get a good working installation on my part, but I'm curious to know if anyone has ever used SCO Unix drivers.

After doing a bit of research I think OSX is BSD unix based? Anyone know if there is significant difference in SCO? I don't really know much about computers outside of the windows world, but hopefully that'll change over the holidays, now that I've got some new hardware to play with!