USB/FIREWIRE 10.4.11

2 posts in this topic

Hopefully someone with a mind greater than mine will be able to answer a few questions.

After installing the 10.4.11 OSX86 on an IBM P4...., there are a few issues needing expert feedback.

1. The mouse fails to load often....in the load up I see Apple PS2 errors/ not found / Mouse timed out, etc...

After a few reboots the mouse works....The keyboard seems to always work regardless. In the PC BIOS settings

I cycle the PS2 mouse enabled/ disabled...That doesn't seem to have any effect other than not working with it disabled.

It is at best annoying.

2. The USB. Firewire ports do not work. Funny however because I was able to Transfer DATA from an external firewire drive on the initial OS startup.

Under the profiler, I can see a USB stick that I plugged in, but it doesn't appear in Disk Utility or on the desktop. Fire Wire card doesn't work presently.

I replaced the "System.kext" file 10.3.8 with a newer one 10.11.1. After reparing permissions, I rebooted. Nothing seemed to change one way or the other.

Still without USB or Firewire on my IBM. I'll be the first to admit I'm new to this whole process and would sorely appreciate constructive feedback.

Thanks for any help.

Here's the computer info:

Machine Name: OSx86 Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Name: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per processor): 256 KB

Processor Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM

Memory: 512 MB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 20KT34AUS (IBM)

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

Slot: AGP - J5E1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x514c

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays: