Help!! macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd does NOT boot :-(

jcee

7 posts in this topic

I downloaded

macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg

and followed the guide here:

http://www.profit42.com/guides.php?id=1

I applied the patch, restarted my system, but my laptop (NX7000) refuses to boot the DVD.

The message shown is the same as if the disk is not bootable or empty..

What am I doning wrong? Any help appreciated...

:-(

(I already checkec the boot order. and it is fine as I can boot other disks (CDs))

What should be the correct MD5?

I am totally confused. I downloaded already 3 files, all approx.1.3 to 2.4GB

I thought the one I mentioned above is the right one..

I converted the DMG with UltraISO to ISO, then I patched it, then I burned with Nero.

Normally bootable ISOs I burn with Nero do boot in my laptop.

MIght Nero be the cause or might my BIOS (NX7000 laptop) does not allow booting from DVD? (It does actually boot from CD)

Please.. any help is appreciated..

If someone could point me to the correct file/image I would be glad..

I already setup the partition and all the stuff.. What really holds me back is this boot issue..

Ahhhh.. :-)

Now it boots..! It was failing because of the DVD drive takeing too long to identify disk..

I repleaced it.

Nevertheless..

When Darwin boots..

I got to the point where to select the start volumen. But there are only two empty boxes. (The big white box is devided into a upper and a lower part)

But there is nothing to select.

I went to the harddisk tool (in german "Festplatten Dienstprogramm")

There I can see my both partitions.

- 1st 30GB NTFS/windows

- 2nd 7GB ID=AF

trying several options like "repair", "check" fail with an error.

Do not understand what is wrong.

It also reports "No mounting point".. Could this be the cause?!

What confuses me: I did everythink like described in the Howto mentioned above. It does not say anything about formatting partition or so...

Am I missing same extra steps?

I thought my first partition (set to non active) could stay there and I set partition 2 as active. Or do I need to hide my first partition?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found out myself:

- I need to format the partition first before entering the installation tool.

- I did not need to hide the win xp partition.

So everythink works now as a charm.. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhhh.. :-)

Now it boots..! It was failing because of the DVD drive takeing too long to identify disk..

I repleaced it.

Nevertheless..

When Darwin boots..

I got to the point where to select the start volumen. But there are only two empty boxes. (The big white box is devided into a upper and a lower part)

But there is nothing to select.

I went to the harddisk tool (in german "Festplatten Dienstprogramm")

There I can see my both partitions.

- 1st 30GB NTFS/windows

- 2nd 7GB ID=AF

trying several options like "repair", "check" fail with an error.

Do not understand what is wrong.

It also reports "No mounting point".. Could this be the cause?!

What confuses me: I did everythink like described in the Howto mentioned above. It does not say anything about formatting partition or so...

Am I missing same extra steps?

I thought my first partition (set to non active) could stay there and I set partition 2 as active. Or do I need to hide my first partition?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found out myself:

- I need to format the partition first before entering the installation tool.

- I did not need to hide the win xp partition.

So everythink works now as a charm.. :-)

I've got EXACT the same problem. Can i ask you in which program you've partitioned your AF partition?

I've got EXACT the same problem. Can i ask you in which program you've partitioned your AF partition?

Make sure you have appleosx_10.4.3_8F1111_DTK_USERDVD.DMG. convert to .iso useing UltraIso V7 (full version required) then apply the JaS 8F1111A patch, and the Maxxuss V2 Kernal Patch SSE3 -> SSE2 and NO NX XD patch, burn to a DVD-RW / DVD+RW, in Nero 7, dont worry if it says DVD Burn Proess failed on your DVD+RW / DVD-RW, as it did on mine and it installed sucessfully on mine, and has no problems, so go figgure :hysterical: make sure in the bios you (multibay) as your primary boot device) assumeing its a HP Laptop... then follow the below steps, and it should work a treat :graduated:

Please DO NOT Follow this if you have Important DATA on your Computer

1) Boot off the DVD, when it boots, go into disk tools from the utlity menu

2) Erase the hard drive (if it stops just close disk tools) and re open and erase harddrive

3) Exit Disktools, and install, it will now see your entire harddrive as a mac journeld volume,

4) Install, and Enjoy

Yours faithfully

Ben