Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 Intel Issues out of the box

luv2rip

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Check my hardware in sig. I just installed Kalyway's latest 10.5.1 intel image and it constantly reboots itself.... I tried all flags including -v -legacy -vanilla -f -x and what not... no luck -s also reboots

I used MBR option as per the guide as I have MBR partition ....

The prev image from Kalyway 10.4.10 worked just right on the same hardware .... I have dual boot Tiger / Leopard (new) , so I can login to Tiger and check the logs if somebody can help and need some information

Thanks in Advance

-Luv2Rip :(

Hey ALL,

I just fixed the issue for me ... did the following

1. Boot from your DVD again and open terminal when the installation first screen appears.

2. check with "df -k" that your Leo volume appears

3. Open the com.apple.Boot.plist with ,

/Volume/<Leo Vol>/usr/bin/vi /Volume/<Leo Vol>/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and add "-f -x -legacy" in the Kernel Flags as shown below

<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-f -x -legacy</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>10</string>
</dict>

4. Now delete your /Volume/<Leo Vol>/System/Library/Extensions.mkext file

5. copy the file from /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (this is DVD version) in location of step 4

6. From the /Volume/<Leo Vol> directory rename the existing mach_kernel to mach_kernel.BAK and copy the version on the DVD / volume

Just restart your machine and it should work .... once you are all setup, put message to Kalyway for solution with the non-working kernel

Good Luck

Luv2Rip

I fixed this for myself by disabling Hyperthreading in my Bios; as soon as I did that it booted all the way through and has been solid for a week now.

What does the above do, exactly? Forgive my ignorance as I'm a MAC Newbie :)

Abdul

Intel D865GBL -everything on-board