Help getting fx5200 tv-out on leopard?

kuruu

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

under Tiger I used Titan to work with my tv-out, no problems. Though admittedly I did not document the steps I took at the time, I have been using it for some years now as my media centre pc. Wanting to take advantage of Frontrow on Leopard I have gone with iAtkos... Without any of Titan, natit, or nvinject I get my tv-out but no qe/ci. Connected to vga or dvi i get qe/ci with titan, natit or nvinject I get qe/ci.

However as soon as I boot with titan or nvinject or whatever via the tv-out i get the nice grey apple, then it flickers for a second and goes to a black screen. What is odd about this is that if I try to remote in at this point it won't let me get a display, though I can of course ssh, no probs.

It's an agp 128mb card that shows up as PCI in system profiler. could this be a cause? i have tried agpgart with no change to pci status.

it *seems* like it tries to auto-detect the display and {censored} itself.

any help in this matter would be appreciated. thank you! until then, no qe/ci/frontrow for me.

So i'm really frustrated now. It turns out VLC won't even run without QE/CI, i've tried different settings like opengl and quartz but of course these are the functions I am lacking.

This has been such a popular card for people around here! Does anyone have any thoughts on what I could try? thanks

• 2 months later...

worked at me with kalyway 10.5.1 , even with

asus n6200 td 128mb agp(nvinject_desktop or natit),

if you are on intel cpu.. ->vga+tv-out with no kextmodding

even after change to xfx 7300gs on the same system:tv-out worked

- but after new installation on xfx 7300gs tv-out was gone :)

and the older card are given away... {censored} ;)