Sleep and PSU-Fan

TRJS

3 posts in this topic

Until now I built four Hackintoshes, albeit with quite outdated hardware (P4-Willamette and -Northwood, stuff like that), and no matter how much I mess with the BIOS-settings, none of my Hackinthoshes had sleep working perfectly. So I wonder how big the success rate of perfectly sleeping Hackintoshes is - especially where also the fan of the power supply unit stops spinning? (For me this would actually be a quite important thing...) Is my 0%-success rate an exception (maybe due to too old PSU's not supporting S3-sleep? as the mainboards actually do support it), or do only very few configurations offer full sleep support? Especially regarding the PSU, should a normal P4-mainboard-compatible PSU support full sleep?

as far as I know, sleep is a very very very limited feature that only a few can get to work. some have to boot with certain flags, some have to use certain kernels.

I have never gotten it working. If I had to guess at how many people have sleep working in the osx86 community, Id have to say it's below 10%.

So you're no alone.

And fwiw, on the two Macs I have owned, the PSU fans also ran. The default sleep mode keeps the ram powered on, and is not "low power" sleep unless its enabled by the bios.

My current config supports low power sleep, as its an MCE model, but I have not run the EFI + mach_sleep on it yet. I probably will soon, I'll report back.

I've been too busy trying to get it to work on my lappy, to no avail. The CPU fans kept running, and I could not get hibernation to work.