Hi! A couple of questions

Zaza999

7 posts in this topic

Hello. I've been lurking this forum looking at the Hackintosh releases for Leopard, but before I install anything I have some questions. I've downloaded both Kalyway and a prepatched dvd iso of Leopard. Which is better? What are the advantages and disadvantages to both? Also, I was wondering how compatable Leopard is with my system and what would be the best configuration with Kalyway if I used it. I have a Pentium D processor, 2 GB of RAM, a SATA HD, and two DVD drives (not SATA). Thanks!

You won't need PPC for anything at this point. Most apps today are already Universal Binary, and even if Rosetta needs the PPC info to run (Which I don't think it does), there's rarely any apps that need it anymore. Also, the PPC part of the code would be necessary if running on a G3/G4/G5 PowerPC Processor, and you are on an Intel CPU, so it's useless for you.

The quick answer: go with Kalyway. It was the best install in my opinion, at least on my hardware configuration. Hope that helps, merry christmas. :D