Swap intel 3945 for..? on hp dv6000

youngi

6 posts in this topic

ok, i decided not to wait longer for intel 3945 driver get developed, i want to swap my card for a supported card to work better and consistently.

since im gonna order it off the web to Egypt, then i have alot of choice and i want to make sure i get the easiest one. i know people wrote about dell cards, but this will make me have to hack the bios to get it to work...i could do that, but i want another solution without hacking the bios but still get a working card on mac and vista.

i also read about broadcom 4311, and that it still needs a bios unlocking, (and wifi switch wont work!!not sure though)... but i know that some hp can come with broadcom wifi card, so like do i search for hp broadcom4311 to get or no such thing willl work without a bios hack since it didnt come with the laptop?

which cards do u recommend to work on mac and vista with no pain on my dv6395, intel centrino duo, and the wifi on/off switch to work too??

I've ordered a HP BCM4311 pci-e card for my HP9500t, replacing the instock 4965 wireless. It's working, but will lost connection sometime. And it should be the problem of Leopard 10.5.1 IO80211family.kext, because the card is working perfect under Win Vista.

i had dlink G122 but it was unreliable, too weak reception. and somedays it just takes too long to connect, even when im using replug fix i had to replug it sometimes... I have to get an internal permanent card coz i dont like permanent use of a usb port as well as moving around with a usb stick hangin off.